I hope you and your families are settling into the hybrid schedule and you are getting some well-deserved normalcy back into your lives. We have a couple of exciting announcements that we wanted to share with you all regarding 1) our new website re-design and 2) our upcoming Andersen DEANS Pickleball Classic.
For several years, Port Street resident and Andersen dad, John Wrate, has generously donated his website design and maintenance services to Andersen DEANS. With his daughters now graduating on to middle school, we have engaged another Port Street resident, Janice Grace and her firm, Webideation (webideation.com), to help re-design our website. As background, Janice has years of experience and expertise working with non-profits organizations like Andersen DEANS, so we were grateful to have the benefit of her services. When you have a moment, please have a look at our new website (andersendeans.org) which provides some transparency into what we do as an organization for Andersen students, allows you to make a donation via electronic payment, and provides updates on upcoming events.
Andersen DEANS Pickleball Classic
On the topic of upcoming events, our 1st annual Pickleball Classic is just a month away. The event will be on Saturday November 14th (12pm to 5pm) at the Tennis Club at Newport Beach CC. The registration link is available on the Andersen DEANS website as well as directly via the following link: charityvalet.com/deanspickleball2020/index.asp.
Some details on the event:
- We plan on having three divisions for the tournament; Advanced, Women’s and Beginners…so all skill levels are welcome to join.
- For the beginners, we will have Pickleball instructors onsite to help teach the game before the tournament starts.
- The tournament will be doubles format; please feel free to select your partner when registering or, alternatively, we can pair you with a partner as well.
- Lunch, drinks and door prizes will be provided. And for those who prefer to watch rather than play, we have a spectator package available as well.
- Registration costs are as follows:
- $150 per player
- $250 per household – $50 discount if registering for two members of the same household (i.e. husband and wife)
- $50 per spectator
- Winners for each of the divisions will receive a top quality pickleball paddle and have your names immortalized on a trophy to be displayed in the Andersen Elementary front office.
- In light of COVID, we’ll of course have various precautions in place to help ensure the safety of all participants.
We hope you are able to join us for an afternoon of friendly competition aimed at raising money for Andersen Elementary School.