Andersen DEANS Foundation
Call to order
President Nick Orzano called to order the regular monthly meeting of the Andersen DEANS Foundation at 6:30pm at the Phase I Club House.
The following members were present:
General Session and Closed Session: Tim Blackburn, Darren Anthony, Carter Weir, Nick Orzano, David Jubitz, Chase Rief, and Kevin Harbour.
Guests: Brett Butler, Aaron Rose, and Dan Schiraldi
- Principal Report
- Facilities – New carpet going in this summer
- Port Stirling Gate – new automatic solar opener installed
- Facilities Report Received from district and under review.
- March 24th visit to Laguna to view furniture layouts for potential options at Andersen.
- Summer school will be at Harbor View this year
- I Love You Guys (private security contractor) has been contracted by the district to consult on safety of each campus.
- TK-Kinder Orientation morning of February 28th
- Mural underway and nearly completed; kids have enjoyed watching the process and seeing the progress.
- New office assistant was hired
- Proposal from CORE Athletics to come onto campus at lunch time to organize games for the kids. Will likely arrange for a trial this spring and further discuss contract options depending on success of the trial.
- General Sessions
- Deans Dinner Dance
- Contracts signed and deposits paid.
- Auction list coming
- Tour de Port Streets
- House for final stop of the evening has been finalized
- Planning on other aspects still underway
- Golf Tournament
- Contract executed
- Potential event for spouses considered during the day to further support the live auction
- Big Friday
- Tie in 50th Anniversary party with Big Friday?
- Deans Dinner Dance
- DEANs Board unanimously approved Dr. Lewis’ to pursue full-time Dolphin Academy teacher for Makers Space/Technology teacher
- Donor Committee
- Various events for spring under discussion and review
- Use of Funds
- Storage container coming to eliminate need for offsite storage facility
- DEANs board unanimously approved $5,000 in funding for STEAM night.
- Board procedures
- Bylaws drafted and circulated to the Board. Request for comments by end of week.
- Nick Orzano adjourned the meeting at 8:34pm.
Minutes submitted by: Kevin Harbour